RE: NGPT

> > The main discussion point on M:N vs 1:1 is that thread
> switch is faster in
> > M:N [switch to other thread's context] than on 1:1 [switch
> to kernel, select
> > next, switch to thread]
>
> That's not 100% accurate.

Of course, that is the reason why I added, after that, the following:

"However the thicker wrapper implies overheads that also need to be
considered depending on the application [ie: CPU bound stuff vs. IO bound
vs. mixed workloads, etc ...]"

Other than this [which is just a remark], I agree with you, specially now
that there is code available :).

Time to go for a beer, have a nice weeked all.

Inaky Perez-Gonzalez -- I do not speak for Intel Corp - opinions are solely
my own [or my fault]