RE: Silly question: compile NPTL only ... anyhow?

> Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to compile only src/nptl after glibc has
> > been built?
>
> This cannot possibly ever be possible.  You cannot mix and match libc.so
> and libpthread.so from different builds.

I mean in the same build:

$ get glibc
$ tar xzf nptl.tar.gz -C glibc
configure, make dahdah
fiddle with glibc/nptl/something.c
$ make -C build subdirs=nptl
fiddle again with glibc/nptl/something.c
$ make -C build subdirs=nptl

This seems to cut it ... doing the whole make on the _whole_ tree is kind
of long

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own
(and my fault)