Re: How to detect NPTL at compile time

Jakub Jelinek wrote:

 > On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 02:51:51PM -0800, Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
[...]
 > > Can I use the glibc version number to determine
 > > that (i.e., NPTL if glibc 2.3 or higher)?
 >
 > No.
 >
 > int isnptl (void)
 > {
 >   size_t n = confstr (_CS_GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION, NULL, 0);
 >   if (n > 0)
 >     {
 >       char *buf = alloca (n);
 >       confstr (_CS_GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION, buf, n);
 >       if (strstr (buf, "NPTL"))
 >         return 1;
 >     }
 >   return 0;
 > }

This is really a runtime test.  So there are no macros
that I can test at compile time?

If not, I can perform this test in our configure script,
but products that aren't using autoconf will have a hard
time performing this test.  So I'd like to suggest that
some macros be added in a Red Hat Linux update for glibc
to allow for easier compile time detection.

Thank you for your help.

Wan-Teh