Re: How to detect NPTL at compile time

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 02:51:51PM -0800, Wan-Teh Chang wrote:

Red Hat Linux 9 ships with the NPTL.  Our code
contains workarounds for LinuxThreads, and I
want to disable the workarounds if we are compiling
against NPTL.  How do I detect whether the pthread
library is LinuxThreads or NPTL at compile time? ...

No.

int isnptl (void)

I think Jakub's saying you need to do a runtime check,
not a compile-time check, and he helpfully provided the code.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com