Re: How to detect NPTL at compile time

Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
This is really a runtime test.  So there are no macros
that I can test at compile time?

If not, I can perform this test in our configure script,
but products that aren't using autoconf will have a hard
time performing this test.

For some reason I thought the preferred strategy was to build a single app that can run well under either LinuxThreads or NPTL, and Jakub's code fragment was meant to let you enable LinuxThreads workarounds at runtime.

What are the technical pros and cons of this approach
vs. the one Wan-Teh is considering (namely, building
separate apps for LinuxThreads and NPTL)?
- Dan

-- Dan Kegel http://www.kegel.com http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045