Re: How to detect NPTL at compile time

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
If you build a binary on RHL9 it'll be
default link with LinuxThreads and at runtime it'll use by default NPTL.
 You can force using NPTL at link time as well by adding -L/usr/lib/nptl
to your link line.

There is no /usr/lib/nptl on our Red Hat Linux 9 systems.

When you do this there is no further need to find it
out, you better know it beforehand.

I know. Our makefile can parse /etc/redhat-release and define a macro to disable our LinuxThreads workarounds if it's Red Hat Linux release 9 or higher. I was hoping to find a solution that would work on non-Red Hat Linux distributions.

Wan-Teh