Re: Thread creation performance

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Saurabh Desai wrote:
>
> > I noticed that thread creation performance has gone
> > down quite a bit compare to earlier kernel like 2.5.42.
>
> i think i have found the reason, it's kernel memory mapping overhead
> again. Does the attached patch, against 2.5.68, help?

Yes, the patch helped. The strange thing is when I build CVS Glibc
with nptl and run my program (using elf/ld.so --library-path
without this patch, it runs much faster, compare to running with default
glibc on RH 9.
This patch helped when I run the test program using glibc on RH 9.
Any idea why it behaves differently in both cases? The kernel is common.

Thanks,
Saurabh