LinuxThreads and NPTL

Hello all,

So, as a recent convert from NGPT, bear with me if I am asking redundant or
obvious questions. I have been unable to track down any documentation that
might answer these questions.

1) Does the venerable old LinuxThreads co-exist with NPTL in the caned RH-9?

2) By default, am I using NPTL on RH-9?

3) I have seen that Glibc "contains" NPTL. How does this translate to the
libpthread.so? Wrappers or extensions or ...?

BTW, if I have overlooked some obvious FAQ, smite me and let me know.

Many thanks ;-)

A. J. Blanchard
ajblanch cisco com