Re: [Bug] dlopen() might cause deadlock

Ulrich Drepper wrote on 12/11/2003, 12:33 AM:

> No threaded program must use anything but
> _exit or exec after fork.

This is overly restrictive.  It is common for
the child process to call dup2 and close after
fork and before exec.

The standard says only fork-safe functions (which
are also async-signal safe) may be called after
fork.  I am sure you know this.  I just wanted to
clarify this point because your comment was not
clear.

Wan-Teh