Re: upgrading to nptl

"Hu, Boris" <boris hu intel com> writes:

> The simplest way is to install a RH9 or Fedora box. :P

And battle all the problems that follow?  I'd rather not.

> Any 2.6 kernel has TLS capacity. If you'd like to play with glibc source:
>
> $ cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs sources redhat com:/cvs/glibc login
> {enter "anoncvs" as the password}
> $ cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs sources redhat com:/cvs/glibc co libc

I've been running that for a few days, and it seem rather stable.  At
least nothing has obviously failed yet.

> You can try the new glibc in /tmp/install first. If you'd like to
> update the whole system glibc, you can set --prefix=/ but you are in

--prefix=/usr is the proper setting.  You don't want the headers in
/include.

> risk of some your applications perhaps couldn't run well any more.

They should run, unless you disable backward compatibility, like I
did.  Only a couple of programs stopped working, though.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru kth se