Re: Memory allocation jump after running for a while with a largenumber of threads

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
Hui Huang wrote:

[...]
bdf00000 (32 KB)       rw-p (00:00 0)
bdf08000 (992 KB)      ---p (00:00 0)
be100000 (32 KB)       rw-p (00:00 0)
be108000 (992 KB)      ---p (00:00 0)
be300000 (32 KB)       rw-p (00:00 0)
be308000 (992 KB)      ---p (00:00 0)
be500000 (32 KB)       rw-p (00:00 0)
be508000 (992 KB)      ---p (00:00 0)
be700000 (32 KB)       rw-p (00:00 0)
be708000 (992 KB)      ---p (00:00 0)
[...]

The permission would indicate it's used for the stack guard. Does the
JVM set a stack guard size?

No. We don't do pthread_attr_setguardsize(). Instead stack guards are managed manually by mmaping 2 yellow pages and 1 red page with PROT_NONE. (we probably should set libc guard size to 0 as we don't really use them)

regards,
-hui