Re: Memory allocation jump after running for a while with a largenumber of threads

Hui Huang wrote:

> They aren't from JVM, as we mmap with rwx- (for heap, generated code,
> etc) and/or ---p (for guard pages; no, we don't use 992KB guards).
> Chances are they either came from kernel or libc.

Just to follow up on this, I cannot see such anomalies when writing a C
program and limiting the stack to a hew kB.  I get the expected stack
and guard size.

What are the attributed the JVM code uses when creating threads?

--
--------------.                        ,-.            444 Castro Street