Re: Memory allocation jump after running for a while with a largenumber of threads

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
Adding up the memory maps amounts to the VSZ size as reported by `ps', doesn't it? Anyway, currently the VSZ is 1414232K (i.e. 1.35G), and the RSS is 307652. For this number of threads, the pre-jump VSZ would be about 600M. RSS is, as far as I can tell, unaffected by the jumps.

To show this, I've attached a small graph of the chat memory usage. The green line is VSZ, and the blue line is RSS. The first jump was on Wednesday, the second one on Tuesday. The server was restarted on Friday, hence the drop on that date. The graph shows that there is no apparent correspondence between the jump and the RSS.

Can you add to that graph the number of concurrent connections and the rate of connection establishment? - Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com