Re: JVM NPTL question(s)

Ulrich did an awesome job in keeping backward compatibility with
LinuxThreads (thanks!!). I didn't find any major problem when
testing Sun JDK 1.4.1_01 (note: 1.4.1_01 was released before NPTL and
we have a lot of low-level stuff). Performance wise, our performance
team is evaluating NPTL. Right now I don't have the numbers (yet).

BTW, if you are seeing any problems running 1.4.1_01 with NPTL
and think it's a JDK problem, please let me know, so we could try
to fix the problems in 1.4.2.

thanks,
-hui

Bill Hilf wrote:
I'm interested in seeing what JVM folks are using with NPTL, compatability, and any performance numbers. From reading the archives is appears folks are using the Sun JVM on RH Phoebe... any perspective, comments?

-Bill