Re: nptl 0.26

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> indeed, this is an important optimization if the lock-hold times are high.
> Waiting threads likely have higher priority and preempt the current
> thread.

But it cannot be generally done.  For pthread_cond_signal and
pthread_cond_broadcast, for instance, the lock must be held until after
the notification.  I was going to look at all these cases when the time
comes (i.e., I have some time).  You beat me on this and I think rwlocks
are indeed fine.  I've made some changes now and they'll be in the next
source drop.

--
--------------.                        ,-.            444 Castro Street