Re: nptl 0.26

phil-list redhat com schrieb am 28.02.03 00:04:46:
[...]
> We could use 2 32bits sequence numbers per cond if we allow
> spurious returns for wait & timedwait functions as allowed by
> the standard.

Yeah. I'd say that we could use one single 3+bits "sequence
number" plus 3 XXbits counters if we allow spurious returns for
wait & timedwait functions as allowed by the standard. ;-)

To Ulrich & Co.: futex based >>POSIX<< CV just can't have a "do-
nothing" pthread_cond_destroy() function... no matter whether
you use somewhat funny many-very-many-bits "strictly monotonic"
sequence values or not, I believe.

regards,
alexander.

--
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3E4D41BA.9233D196%40web.de

Wir benachrichtigen Sie uber neue E-Mails, wo immer Sie moechten.
WEB.DE FreeMail - http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021186