Re: sem_open can't open a name with directory

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
For instance, what if you simply transform '/' characters in the
semaphore name into '_' characters?  Then no directories need be created,
the namespaces is still under the runtime library's control, and
everybody is happy.

Not those who correctly assume that "a/b" and "a_b" refer to different files. Handling this in turn requires the introduction of escape characters. This all is nothing which the application which needs "namespaces" cannot do itself and this way achieve portability.

OK, I yield. I cannot complain; the benefits I derive from Ulrich's work on glibc far outweigh any frustration caused by his inflexibility! - Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com