Re: statically allocated cond does not work well

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 03:27:47PM +0800, Liu, Bing Wei wrote:
> Jakub had suggested installing glibc for the correct headers. It will work
> but
> I am still keen on learning a safer way to utilize them without breaking the
> original files.
> This might be a stupid request, but I think there are a few others like me
> who are not
> brave enough to replace the old glibc but also not good at manipulating
> "#include".

You might want to consider setting up a chroot environment.

If you use debian, it is very very simple.  See this guide

http://people.debian.org/~walters/chroot.html

I'm not sure about RedHat/rpm based distributions off the top of my
head, but I imagine it would be equally as easy.  This way you can
install without fear of breaking your main system.

-i
ianw gelato unsw edu au
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au