Re: compile glibc + nptl fail

chen liwen wrote:
Yes, I have corrected the problem, and install glibc
under directory /usr/local/glibc2.  In order to use
the new glibc, I do the following:
 (1) export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/glibc2/lib
 (2) when I execute ls , there are errors occurred:
  ls: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6:
cannot handle TLS data
  then what should I do for this?

I've been setting up chroot jails to test with alternate glibc's etc. Haven't tried it with NPTL yet, but maybe my procedure will help there. It's basically:

first, grab a copy of the new glibc's shared libraries and the system passwd file:

mkjail.sh /usr/local/glibc2 /etc/passwd

then create the jail:

$ su
# cat jail.tar.gz | sh initjail.sh myjail

then test the jail:

# /usr/sbin/chroot `pwd`/myjail /bin/sh

The scripts are documented at

http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.11/doc/chroot-login-howto.html

All you need there is step 1; the rest is to allow remote login into
the chroot jail.  You may need to adjust the scripts I wrote a bit,
if nptl adds any shared libraries, you need to add them to the list
in mkjail.sh.  And you'll need to either install /bin/ash, which is the shell my
script copies instead of /bin/sh, or edit the script.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com