Re: nptl 0.53

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 01:14:43AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> I've uploaded new sources to the usual place:
>
>   http://people.redhat.com/drepper/nptl/nptl-0.53.tar.bz2
>    ftp://people.redhat.com/drepper/nptl/nptl-0.53.tar.bz2
>
> To use this code you need the latest glibc (and vice versa).  Timestampt
> 2003-07-15T01:00:00-0700.
>
> This rounds changes include:
>
> ~ ia64 debugging fix
>
> ~ cancellation signal handler now checks whether it is a valid signal
>
> ~ use of tgkill syscall
>
> ~ more Alpha fixes
>
> ~ some problems with text relocations are fixed
>
> ~ ppc and s390 cancellation handling mostly fixed.  You need a very
> recent RH gcc.  Don't know when the patches will appear in the FSF gcc,
> they need to get reviewed.  This also means you cannot compile glibc
> without recent tools; the cancellation handling requires them.

Just to clarify what very recent means:
For ppc32 and s390 just very recent CVS or RH binutils and
e.g. CVS trunk gcc (for s390 gcc-3.3-rh as well) is enough.
For s390x, you need a fixed kernel (see a thread on siginfo_t size
yesterday on lkml).
For ppc64, you need a not yet built gcc (posted a gcc-3_2-rhl8-branch
patch yesterday to gcc-patches).

	Jakub