nptl application stability was Re: somthing in build not working

Ok I eventually got it built, finding the notes re: use of .74+ kernel and
the need to add  #include <linux/compiler.h> to sysclt.h solved this and
other problems.

Using nptl both on kernel 2.5.7[45] and RedHat 9.0 w (which according to my
understanding has NPTL backported to the rh 2.4 kernel)

I found stability problems using mysql (v3) in high benchmark loads, of ca
200-800 simultaneous clients. Mysqld would stop responding after between 20-90
minutes of high load, and could only be stopped by a SIGKILL.

I replicated this on redhat using 3 different mysql builds, the RH9 version,
the RPM from mysql.com and mysql built from source.

Any insight into what the cause may be?

Some thoughts I had:

mysql using an older model?
something configurable in nptl? -- I saw Jakub's note on pthread stack sizes

Thanks,       elaine

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 20:07:57 -0400
elaine <elaine fwsystems com> did inscribe thusly:

<snip>
usr/src/libc-BUILD/nss:/usr/src/libc-BUILD/nis:/usr/src/libc-BUIL D/rt:/usr/src/libc-BUILD/resolv:/usr/src/libc-BUILD/crypt:/usr/src/libc-BUILD/np tl