RE: Kernel lock-up with NPTL

> From: Carlo Wood [mailto:carlo alinoe com]
> The problem seems to be a security-risk
> problem: this allows an ordinairy user
> to lock-up the kernel, but I don't think
> it will happen in a bug-free program.
>
> Please let me know who I need to contact
> to fix the kernel specific part of NPTL;
> I really need this fixed - I am getting
> tired of rebooting :/

Can you describe the problem? Like in kernel version
_plus_ patches that you are using, glibc CVS drop
date, NPTL version, the program that caused it,
how did you force it to happen ... does SysRq work?
Can you get a dump on a serial console of
Ctrl+ScrollLock? Is it easy to reproduce or it happens
randomly?

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own
(and my fault)