RE: Kernel lock-up with NPTL

> From: 'Carlo Wood' [mailto:carlo alinoe com]
>
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 10:39:44AM -0700, Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky wrote:
> > Can you describe the problem? Like in kernel version
> > _plus_ patches that you are using,
>
> plain 2.5.69 (Linus)...
>
> > glibc CVS drop date
>
> RedHat 9 update (glibc-2.3.2-27.9)
>
> >, NPTL version,

> > how did you force it to happen ... does SysRq work?
>
> SysRq?  I got a key like that - but I am pretty damn sure
> the keyboard isn't read anymore.

Just in case, enable in the kernel configuration, debugging
section the Magic SysRq support. Then, when the lock hits,
hit Alt+SysRq+P (in this order).

> > Can you get a dump on a serial console of Ctrl+ScrollLock?
>
> I don't have a serial console.  I do have a second PC

Well, now that I think about it, it is not really necessary;
just hit Ctrl+ScrollLock to check if it works.

> running RH8 - but I can't login when everything freezes:
> I get a 'host unreachable'.  Note that when playing mp3s
> with xmms, the last second or so of the music keeps repeating
> after locking up.

Woah... what's your hw?

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own
(and my fault)