Re: Kernel lock-up with NPTL

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:22:32AM -0700, Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky wrote:
> Just in case, enable in the kernel configuration, debugging
> section the Magic SysRq support. Then, when the lock hits,
> hit Alt+SysRq+P (in this order).

Holding the keys after pressing them?
What is this supposed to do?  I have no printer, no serial whatever
and my keyboard is dead.

> > with xmms, the last second or so of the music keeps repeating
> > after locking up.
>
> Woah... what's your hw?

Thats just a soundcard artefact I guess (soundblaster Live! 5.1).
It means nothing else but that the kernel stopped sending data
to the card.

Imho, what is happening is that the kernel dead-locks in a spinlock
or futex.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo alinoe com>