Re: How to install NPTL?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 05:22:16PM +0200, Riccardo-Maria Bianchi wrote:

> maybe this is a silly question but...
>
> ...can anyone tell me the steps to do to install NPTL on a i686 machine?

As said, the easiest way is to install Redhat 9.

Another way is a Debian unstable with kernel >=2.5.70 (and >=686 is
needed) and packages from here: http://ijuz.uugrn.org/nptl-0.46-0/
(of course anything could happen, this is only for testboxes)
(The only known problem at the moment I have is that I can't start
"portmap", I allways get:
"/sbin/portmap: relocation error: /sbin/portmap: symbol errno, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"
but this is not a nptl problem, I think.)

They work for me at least on my UP box, with 0.45 i had some problems
on smp, i'll try again. (I have not allways access)
With this programm:
http://ijuz.uugrn.org/thread_bench/synctest-condmutex.c
But from the 0.46 changelog, I guess it is fixed.

Christian Leber

--
  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)