Re: nptl 0.28

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 07:43:27PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> This release fixes a few bugs (little sem_open bug, possible memory
> corruption if the first thread calls pthread_exit), support for current
> 2.5 kernels in the test suite, several optimizations, update of the "C
> port".

Which CVS glibc timestamp is this against?

> All the problems have been found through the test suite so, unless
> nobody at all uses the code, it seems to be very stable for normal use.
>  I haven't seen many reports on people's experiences so far, though.
> Please let me know how things work for you.

I'm again attempting to get everything bootstrapped. By the way, I tried
the __thread attribute and as soon as I try to touch a variable marked that
way, I get a SIGSEGV. Is there a __thread 'hello world' example somewhere?

I tried this on a non-NPTL system by the way, with gcc 3.3 HEAD.

Regards,

bert

http://netherlabs.nl                         Consulting