I have a strange problem with nptl.

From a machine running Linux 2.5.63+ and glibc-HEAD (linuxthreads) and gcc-3_3-branch, I build a small chroot environment with glibc-HEAD (nptl 0.28).

I enter the enviroment, and everything seems to work pretty much as expected, but almost _every_ command does this:

hal3 root # ls /
bin  boot  dev	etc  home  lib	mnt  proc	root  sbin  share  tmp	usr  var
Segmentation fault

Ie, it does it's stuff then segfaults on exit.

I build glibc with headers from Linux 2.5.63+ like this:

cd $WDIR
$SDIR/configure --exec-prefix=/ --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/bin/libexec --infodir=/usr/share/info --disable-profile --enable-add-ons=nptl --enable-kernel=2.5 --with-headers=$PDIR/kernel/usr/include --with-tls
make -j4
make install_root=$DDIR install
make install_root=$DDIR localedata/install-locales

I'm also running a PAE enabled kernel on a dual P4 Xeon machine, though I can't imagine that matters?

If I rebuild the chroot environment with linuxthreads, everything works perfectly. (Literally just change nptl to linuxthreads in my build script - no room for silly mistakes here)

I am at a bit of a loss here. Any suggestions apprieciated!

Andrew Walrond