Re: First cut of PowerPC support in NPTL

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 12:51:40AM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>
> > Please post ASAP what you have done for IA-64. I spent yesterday working
> > on the same, and I hate work duplication.
>
> Actually no, don't post the ia64 code.   We have no assignment for that
> code and posting it here would mean infecting who reads it.  This all
> changes as soon as the code is assigned to the FSF.

What I have is against an old version of NPTL (i think 0.18), and
segfaults when I try to clone.  I have tried to update it, but there
is a very annoying bug in gcc 3.3 (which I need) which means that
something like -DDEF="\"A B\"" gets parsed incorrectly.  The latest
NPTL stuff seems to have added a version definition with a space :(
I'm trying to have a look at this but not knowing gcc it's slow going.

There isn't a problem with this code being assigned to the FSF, what
would I have to do before I posted even an old version?

-i