Re: tst-basic3 failing

At 12:12 12.03.2003, Paul Mackerras wrote:
Roland McGrath writes:

> Why does powerpc need its own version of this file?  Can we avoid that?
> There is a lot of duplication of hairy code there.

Hmmm, I think we could probably move the PPC-specific parts to
sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc{32,64}/elf/start.S.  Franz?

I don't think this will help much, as the main part that makes it different is __libc_start_main with it's differing arguments and the AUX vector handling IIRC.

I guess either we have to leave it the way it is (looking back this file doesn't change often, so it's no real problem) or we macrofy the common stuff into a header.

Franz.