Re: Current NTPL changes for PPC32/PPC64 M2

> I tried including atomic.h in lowlevellock.h and that caused all sorts
> of problems.  There are things elsewhere in glibc that want
> lowlevellock.h but also include atomicity.h, which also defines an
> atomic_add (for instance) with somewhat different semantics - it
> doesn't return a value and it doesn't include any barrier.  That's why
> I defined __lll_add in lowlevellock.h rather than using atomic_add.

I see no reason that the nptl atomic.h and the glibc atomicity.h should not
be merged into a single header living the main glibc tree now.  Both are
internal headers.  The atomicity.h interfaces are used only in a few places
in glibc now and that usage can be tweaked easily enough for slightly
different interfaces.