Re: nptl 0.30

Ulrich Drepper <drepper redhat com> schrieb am 18.03.03 06:45:34:
[...]
> - - two bugs fixed:
>
>   + the condvar implementation occasionally locked up because the exit
>     condition was to strict.  Fixed by a patch by Ewald Snel

It's still way too strict and signaling is way too "paralyzed"
(because it can and shall be done NOT holding the lock). OTOH,
the pthread_cond_destroy "exit condition" (currently nothing,
unless I'm just missing something) is way too soft, so to speak.
*_2_0() stuff with "if (cond->cond == NULL)" doesn't seem to use
proper memory barriers. The ideas behind "cbuffer.oldtype" are
still beyond my understanding, but never mind.

regards,
alexander.

Mit der Multi-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail koennen Sie 760 Zeichen versenden.
Informationen unter http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021184