Re: nptl 0.30

> With the patch below plus the _pthread_cleanup_push patch that I
> posted earlier (and that Jakub also reposted), I get no test failures
> in NPTL on PPC32.  I have also included a couple of changes that PPC64
> will need.

Thanks.  I had written __lll_test_and_set the same but without the
__lll_rel_instr or the memory clobber.  I presume you know best.

> As a minor point, I think the __lll_test_and_set name is confusing for
> what it does, which is really an exchange operation.

I think we will replace this with an atomic.h macro, called atomic_exchange
or something like that.  Now that PPC and IA64 ports are working, we will
start to clean these things up.