NPTL/Linux2.4/ia64

Hi,

As I need to run Linux with some obscure binary-only driver, that of
course exists only for Linux 2.4, I'm wondering how well NPTL runs on
Linux 2.4 nowadays. I read on previous posts that a backport of the
necessary kernel bits has been in progress, but I couldn't find
-if this backport is complete (RH9 ?)
-if it has been done also for ia64

I would be interested in hearing any succesful experience with such a
configuration.

On a completely different topic, the last versions of NPTL (0.38 and
later) fail to compile because of a missing cpu_set type -- that I found
nowhere. I can easily compile if I comment out the set/get_affinity_np
functions, but I'm just curious.. did I miss some kernel/libc patch ?

	Thanks,

		Simon.