Can gdb be used on a another 'debugger'? (was: How do I detect when a new thread is created?)

Ok I understood that in order to catch the events one
needs to set breakpoints.

However, I'd like the application to continue to be debuggable
with gdb, hence my question:

Will it be possible to run a process inside gdb when this
process itself forks and uses ptrace to trace its child,
setting breakpoints at __nptl_death_event, too?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo alinoe com>