thr_join anyone?

Dear NPTL people,

I sorely miss the Solaris thr_join() call which allows one to wait on an
arbitrary thread exiting:

 If the target target_thread ID is 0, thr_join() waits for any undetached
 thread in the process to terminate.

 If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of
 the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully.

Now I know there are certain issues with thr_join and the idea of the POSIX
thread but as far as I can see (which is not very far), the 'tgroup' concept
should be able to make thr_join possible.

What are your ideas? I'm willing to help in any way if it is thought that
thr_join is worthwhile.

Thanks!