Re: How to check the vma maps of threads in /proc?

"Tian, Kevin" <kevin tian intel com> writes:

>         I’d like to check the vma maps of created threads, but failed
> to do that. Currently all threads in a process group will only show as
> one entry in /proc with group id, right? When I pause the running
> threads and read the maps file under this entry, it seemed that only
> process information is recorded, such as:

Do you really mean "process group"?  That's a group of related
processes.

>         I just want to know if I missed something when kernel
> configuration, or need other effort to achieve the goal. Or is it
> complete impossible to check thread vmas in current kernel…… I just
> guess. :)

I'm assuming you are not really interested in process groups but the
threads belonging to one process.  Since there is only one address
space, all the threads share one mm_struct and one vma list/tree.

--
--Ed L Cashin            |   PGP public key:
  ecashin uga edu        |   http://noserose.net/e/pgp/