Re: Poor thread performance on Linux vs. Solaris

On Thursday 04 September 2003 7:39 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:

> We would of course love it if you could post a small test program
> that reproduced the problem.  Any chance that's possible?

It's a possibility, though I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it justice
with a 'small' test program right now since the app is rather complex.
I'm considering tearing out pieces of it one by one and see if I can
narrow the issue down, in which case I'd be able to code up a test
program.

If I come up with something, I'll definitely post it.  Though I'm leaning
towards trying to kill the global futex lock as my first task, after the
encouragement from Inaky.

Bill

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify SunGard Trading Systems immediately
at (201) 499-5900 and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.