Re: Poor thread performance on Linux vs. Solaris

On Thursday 04 September 2003 8:36 pm, Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky wrote:

> > From: Bill Soudan [mailto:bsoudan brass com]
> >
> > 4) try to eliminate the global locks in the kernel/futex.c file.  I'm
> > afraid it might not be that easy though - the weird freeze make me
> > wonder if the scheduler may play a role here as well.
>
> A coworker of mine played with the notion of removing global lock
> for the futexes, replacing it with a per-hash-queue lock. He did it
> on our rtfutex patch, and I don't know how easy would it be for
> the mainstream futexes to adapt, but it might be worth a try; it
> will not resolve fully the problem, but it might help a lot.

Any chance I could get my hands on this code?  From the list archives, I
found this link:

http://developer.osdl.org/dev/robustmutexes/

but the rtfutex code I found still has the global lock.  Am I looking in
the wrong place, or is this unreleased code?

Bill

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify SunGard Trading Systems immediately
at (201) 499-5900 and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.