RE: Poor thread performance on Linux vs. Solaris

> From: Daniel Jacobowitz [mailto:drow false org]

> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 02:39:56PM -0700, Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky wrote:
> > > Now - how to distinguish between these locks in the oprofile results?  Can
> > > I add a few helper files that just contain functions to acquire/release
> > > one lock (assuming one .text.lock section is created per file)?  For
> > > instance, futex_vcache_lock.c, futex_page_table_lock.c, etc?
> >
> > That is what I was trying to do with that patch; unfortunately, the __FILE__
> > breaks it beyond repair because the assembler does not accept the slash for
> > a section name [not that I blame it :)]--anyone knows some CPP voodoo for
> > fixing that?
>
> __BASE_FILE__ should do what you want.... more or less.

Almost - it cuts it to, for example, .text.lock.futex.kernel/futex.c.194, but
the slash still makes the assembler puke; being it "base", should it be just
the base file name or am I missing anything?

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own (and my fault)