Re: Poor thread performance on Linux vs. Solaris

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 3:38 am, Hu, Boris wrote:

> Try the futex_q_lock-0.2 patch. It is also against linux-2.6.0-test4.
>
> It does the following things:
> * Remove the global futex_lock as the previous futex_q_lock patch did.
> * Add bucket spinlock recursively check as Jakub mentioned.
> * Move vcache_lock out of lock/unlock_futex_mm() and only to protect
> the actual vcache operations. * Shrink some lock/unlock_futex_mm()
> scopes.

Hi Boris,

The system hangs when I start our application with this patch.  It still
accepts socket connections, but the console keyboard is ignored and all
network sessions freeze.

I've never debugged a system hang on linux before, so I'm hunting for the
correct way to proceed now.  (kernel docs directory, web sites, et al)

Bill

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify SunGard Trading Systems immediately
at (201) 499-5900 and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.