Re: Success with new futex code from 2.6.0-test5

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 11:29 am, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> another thing, have you separated the improvements caused the .config
> changes, from the futex.c improvements, or were they done at once?

I made the .config changes prior to appling Jamie's patch -- they didn't
seem to have any major effect.  Though I didn't specifically measure the
difference, I made sure the symbols that caught your attention were no
longer in the oprofile results.  I still had the same issue, however,
until I applied Jamie's patch.

If you'd like measurements for some reason, I'd be happy to get them.

Bill

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify SunGard Trading Systems immediately
at (201) 499-5900 and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.