RE: Thread starvation with mutex

> From: Ulrich Drepper
> David L wrote:
> > Are there plans to incorporate the RTNPTL patch into NPTL as a
> > configurable option?
> I have no such plans.  The kernel interface is too different.  I've
> asked repeatedly to make it possible to use the same interfaces and data
> structures but since this isn't the case there is no clean integration
> possible.

So that means that the repeated times I have explained why that is
not possible haven't sunk in? I tried doing that with the rtfutex
code and it resulted in the ugliest mess ever. The current code makes
it way more clean in the kernel side, being almost equal in the glibc

I don't really understand where is the issue (other than yes, it is
changing to a whole new different interface and that is a pain,
I fully agree with you there), but sometimes there is no other

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own (and my fault)