Re: Thread starvation with mutex

David L wrote:

Likewise, for the time being I am forced to use the linuxthreads library due to lack of support for real-time scheduling in nptl... my designs rely on supervisory layers and service layers to

Does nptl completely lack support for real-time scheduling or does
it just not support priority inheritance, etc?

Mr. Drepper recently stated in no uncertain terms that nptl does not support that real-time scheduling 'nonsense', as he put it.
Apparently he intends to leave that shortcoming for someone else to fix.

Are there plans to incorporate the RTNPTL patch into NPTL as a configurable option?

Thanks...

David

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/