RE: Newbie question on mutexes

> From: Jamie Lokier
>
> We could change the kernel futex code specifically for real-time
> tasks, so that the highest priority RT task is woken.  However, on SMP
> or hyperthreaded systems that still wouldn't give the mutex to the
> highest priority task in many realistic cases, so it's not worth

That's not all that fair; with strict ownership transferal you are
explicitly enforcing that. Granted it is slower, but you can also
switch it on and off depending on the application needs (defaulting
to the fastest method, for example).

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own (and my fault)