RE: Thread starvation with mutex

> From: Jamie Lokier [mailto:jamie shareable org]
>
> Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky wrote:
> > It is missing complete support (priority scheduling is actually disabled).
>
> Is RTNPTL just the kernel patch that makes futexes wake the highest
> priority waiter, or are there userspace changes as well?

RTNPTL is the patch to NPTL to use the stuff provided in the kernel
by the fusyn kernel patch. So RTNPTL is userspace only; fusyn is kernel
only.

I dropped the idea of building on top of futexes, too much hassle and
breaks them pretty bad.

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own (and my fault)