NPTL tests coverage

Sebastien Decugis sebastien.decugis at ext.bull.net
Tue Feb 24 16:53:32 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have started writing a whitepaper "NPTL testing coverage" which will
describe the current situation. I will include tests from the Linux Test
Project (most of which come from the Open POSIX Test Suite) and those
from libc/nptl source tree. I am focusing on two main axes:
-> conformance to POSIX
-> function stress

This whitepaper will then be used to extend the existing testsuites in
order to improve the coverage in conformance and in stressing.

Having this in mind, I am currently examining tests from LTP and from
NPTL. Whereas the LTP already contains a short descriptive text of each
tests, this seems not to be the case for NPTL. Would you be interrested
in me writing those abstracts?

If anybody has comments/suggestions, they are welcome.

Best regards

--
Sébastien DECUGIS
Bull S.A.