From: phil-list-admin redhat com [mailto:phil-list-admin redhat com] On
Behalf Of Harrow, Jerry
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 3:47 PM
To: phil-list redhat com
Subject: Anyone interested in having additional debugging support in NPTL
via a tracing facility?

I've had some on & off discussions with Ulrich about adding detailed event
tracing support to NPTL for quite a while.  While favoring the idea in
general, Ulrich isn't convinced that people (i.e. you all) have much of a
desire for it.  When I last posted a proposal in this regard
(https://listman.redhat.com/archives/phil-list/2002-December/msg00043.ht
ml) there was only one reply -- obviously not an overwhelming endorsement.
I've done some updates on the original proposal and published it to
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/visualthreads/Linux/NPTLTracingV2.html