Re: Anyone interested in having additional debugging support in NPTLvia a tracing facility?

Harrow, Jerry wrote:
I've had some on & off discussions with Ulrich about adding detailed
event tracing support to NPTL for quite a while.  While favoring the
idea in general, Ulrich isn't convinced that people (i.e. you all) have
much of a desire for it.  When I last posted a proposal in this regard
(https://listman.redhat.com/archives/phil-list/2002-December/msg00043.ht
ml) there was only one reply -- obviously not an overwhelming
endorsement.  I've done some updates on the original proposal and
published it to
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/visualthreads/Linux/NPTLTracingV2.html

Does this duplicate any functionality in oprofile? - Dan