Re: booting off CD on Gateway laptop

On Dec 24, 2002, Tommy McNeely <Tommy McNeely Sun COM> wrote:

> I am trying to boot phoebe on this pokey little gateway solo 5100
> laptop.. the bios says it can boot off CD, and it will boot off a
> redhat 6.x CD (and a micro$haft cd) but wont boot off phoebe..

You may want to try to download the isolinux sources from
http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php, build it, and burn a boot CD with
the debugging-enabled version of isolinux (the procedure to burn a Red
Hat Linux boot CD is described in the release notes).  This may help
find out what kind of problem you're running into (as long as the
laptop can actually see there is a CD in there; e.g., I've got some
very old Sun workstations at the uni whose CD drives can't seem to
understand that a CDRW happens to be a CD :-)

--
Alexandre Oliva, GCC Team, Red Hat