My experience with Phoebe NV4/VMware

Just thought I would relate my (short) experience with phoebe:

Vmware works fine running under phoebe.  I have win98 and winnt running
now.  I haven't tried running phoebe under VMWare however.

I guess the XFree86 contains drivers for my NVidia4 board, but upgrading
from the binary NVidia drivers was a big PAIN.  :-)  The binary drivers
won't work at all with this X.  The XFree86 drivers appear to be working
fine however so I'm happy.

Upgrading from 8.0 to this, I lost all of my launchers that I setup on
my panel.  It's a pain to have to set these up each time.

Gnome print manager:  Do you have to be using CUPS in order for this to
work properly?  I'm eager to give it a try, but I'm using LPRng and it
isn't showing my print job list or allowing me to DND files onto it.
:-(

Looks sharp, I'm excited to see this new release!

--
Tom Cross <tomc cloudnet com>